Renovation Story

The Harding Building

Renovation Story

The Harding Building

This 1920’s building was built as the Perfection Tool Company. In the following years, it was used as a casket manufacturing facility and later as artist studios. In remodeling it, we relocated the entrance from the narrow East Hennepin street side to the West surface parking lot. In 1996, we commenced the renovation process and we converted part of the now roofless basement into a sunken garden courtyard and gave this relatively small building all the typical Hillcrest renovation touches. The result was a totally leased building only months from commencing the renovation.